What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
User-supplied information: If you fill out the contact form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as your email address, your name, and your phone number). Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Insurance Numbers, date of birth, drivers’ license number, or credit card numbers, bank account numbers or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for any consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs: When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our site. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique internet service provider;
- the city, province and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived at our site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted on this website.
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
How is personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party;
- to notice providers for the purpose of providing you with updates on the proceeding and notice of different legal steps in this proceeding; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if a firm is acquired by another firm or liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future communications from us at any time. Contact us via the email address on our website at any time to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; or
- opt out of future communications from us.
Effective February 9, 2021.
Register to participate in the class proceeding
If you are a member or former member of the Canadian Armed Forces or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police – or a spouse, common law partner, or dependant of a veteran – and you received, at any time between 2002 and the present, certain disability benefits from Veterans Affairs Canada, you may be a member of the class. Eligible estates of persons who received these disability benefits may also be class members.